This page, ‘Agriculture GK and Current Affairs‘, includes fresh contents which are equally important both for farmers and agricultural students. Contents are based on agriculture gerneral knowledge and current affairs. Visit this page regularly for more and new updates.
Frequency: 1 – 3 days.
(A). Agriculture Current Affairs: 2019 – present.
(1). The second advanced estimate of horticulture production
1.1 Horticulture production….
India’s horticulture production is 329.86 million tonnnes in 2020-21.
It is 2.93% over against previous year.
1.2 Fruit production….
The production of fruits is 102.76 million tonnes in 2021 as compared to 102.08 million tonnes in the year 2019-20.
1.3 Vegetable production
The production of vegetables is 196.27 million tonnes.
It is 4.42 % up as compared to the previous year.
1.4 Flower production
The floriculture production declined by 7.17%.
Source: Ministry of agriculture India.
2. The Yellow Water Melon
German multinational and agrochemicals major Bayer has launched the first-ever yellow watermelon variety Yellow Gold 48 in India.
It was released under Seminis brand in India.
It has high yield potential.
3. The Nano Urea Liquid
- It was released by IFFCO.
- 500 ml bottle of the liquid is capable of replacing at least one bag of conventional Urea.
- Yield potential: 8% increase in yield.
4. India’s largest human made forest
Scheme by: Chhattisgarh State Government.
Place: Nandini mines, Durg.
The scheme will convert 2,500 acre of barren land into a natural habitat.
Till now Assam had 1300 acres of largest forest.
5. Fishing Harbour
Nirmala Sitharaman proposed 5 major fishing harbours:
Nirmala Sitharaman on her union budget speech 2021.
6. Mango production 2021
Likely to jump > 4.24%.
(B). Agriculture General Knowledge
1. Ministery of Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare
Publication: Agricultural Statistics at a Glance.
Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar is the 31st Union Minister.
2. Crop modification techniques
3. The world’s largest rain forest
Amazon is the world’s largest rain forest.
- Area: 5,500,000 km2.
- Type: Tropical rain forest.
- Countries: Brazil, Venezuela, Bolivia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Colombia, Suriname.
- It is a type of hair.
- Pashmina means wool.
- It is obtained from a breed of sheep (pashmina).
- Green Shadenet House: Scheme and Uses
- Paddy Straw Mushroom Marketing
- Oyster Mushroom Marketing Strategy
- Fruit Crop Production MCQ
- Precision farming questions and mcq