Agriculture Q and A
Question 01. What are some examples of recent technologies in farming?
Recent technologies in farming are as follows:
- Vertical farming.
- Soil and water sensor.
- Pervasive automation.
- Mini chromosomal technology.
Question 02. What is vertical farming?
- Vertical farming is a new way of farming. It is an intensive method of farming. Vertical farming mainly depends on hydroponic system.
Question 03. Which is an easily available green manure crop?
- Sesbania is an easily available green manure crop during.
Question 04. Is jhum kheti or shifting cultivation still practiced?
- Yes, it is still in trend in some parts of our country.
Question 05. Is farming profitable?
- Yes, farming is profitable but with a very good marketing strategy.
Question 06. What are the major agricultural products?
- Foods, fibers, fuels, and raw materials are the major agricultural products.
Question 07. Which type of agriculture is based on large scale monoculture?
- Industrial agriculture is the large scale monoculture.
Question 08. What is the landholding of a small farmer?
- Landholding of a small farmer is 2.5 acre to <5 acres.
- Landholding of a marginal farmer is <2.5 acres.
- Landholding of a big farmer is 5 to >5 acres.
Question 07. What is the share of fisheries production in total GDP of India?
- The share of fisheries production in total GDP of India is 1.07%.
Question 08. What is the total marine coastline of India?
- The total marine coastline of India is 3,827 kilometres.
Question 09. What is the main cause of nastic movement in plants?
- Nastic movement in a plant is due to changes in turgor or the growth of plant.
Question 10. Which type of flowers show epinasty?
- Heavy flowers show epinasty.
Also read: General agriculture mcq, Multiple choice questions
Question 11. How to use phosphorus effectively?
- The best place for the application of phosphorus is the root zone area.