Subject: Agronomy One Liner
(Major topics including sub-topics)
- Introduction to agronomy.
- Tillage and tillage implements.
- Classification of crops.
- Weed and weed management.
- Manures and fertilizers.
- Cropping system, crop pattern.
- Methods of farming.
- Crop production.
- Irrigation and irrigation management.
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Organic farming.
One Liner 01
*New: Buy topic or syllabus-wise MCQ and notes. Learn more..
Agronomy is derived from Greek word.
- Indigenous plough cuts ‘V-shape furrow‘.
- Indigenous plough is a primary tillage implement.
- The ploughing depth of chisel plough is 60 – 70 cm.
- Hoe is an example of secondary tillage implement.
- Tillage improves soil aeration.
- Jethro Till is the father of tillage.
- Summer ploughing controls problematic Cyperus rotundus L.
- The correct time for ploughing depends on soil moisture.
Agronomy One Liner 02
- Depth of ploughing depends on the depth of effective root zone.
- Country plough is a multipurpose plough.
- The concept of minimum tillage is originated from USA.
- Secondary tillage operations are performed in the row zone.
- Zero tillage is the last form of minimum tillage.
- Jethro Tull coined the word ‘Zero tillage’.
- Tilth is the qualitative characteristics of crumby condition of the soil.
Agronomy One Liner 03
- Crop growing Monsoon season is June to July.
- Crop growing Winter season is October to November.
- Crop growing Summer season is February – June.
- 1 Degrees brix is equal to 1 g sucrose in 100 g of solution.
- Brix is important in sugarcane.
- Sugarcane and sugar beet are biennial crop.
Also read: Meteorology Multiple Choice Questions
One Liner 04
- Dry farming is based on natural precipitation.
- Sugarcane and cotton are examples cash crops.
- Cow pea and sesame are examples of catch crops.
- Sun hemp is an example of nurse crop in sugarcane field.
- Maize and green gram are examples of companion crops.
- Zinzvo is an example of pasture crop.
- Zethro Tull defines weed as an undesired plant.
- The weed Argemone mexicana causes harm to human health.
Agronomy One Liner 05
- Crop rotation effectively controls Avena fatua and Cuscuta spp.
- In stale seedbed crops germinate in weed free environment.
- ACCase inhibitors affect cell membrane production in grass.
- ALS inhibitors affect grasses and dicots alike.
- Glyphosate is a EPSPS inhibitor.
- Roundup is the brand name of glyphosate.
- Glyphosate is produced by Monsanto.
- 2, 4 – D is an example of synthetic auxin herbicides.
One Liner 06
- Triazine is an example of photosystem II inhibitor.
- Paraquat is an example of photosystem I inhibitor.
- Atrazine is commonly used in sorghum and corn.
- Pendimethalin is a pre-emergence herbicide.
- Fluazifop is a post emergence herbicide.
- Paraquat and glyphosate are non-selective herbicides.
Agronomy One Liner 07
- The criteria of essentially was given by Arnon, 1954.
- Average concentration of N in plant tissue is 1.5%.
- Average concentration of P and MG in plant tissue is 0.2%.
- Average concentration of N in plant tissue is 1%.
- Average concentration of B in plant tissue is 20 mg/kg.
- Average concentration of Mo in plant tissue is 0.1 mg/kg.
- N, P and K are highly mobileelements in plant.
Also read: Plant Physiology Multiple Choice Questions
One Liner 08
- Ca and B are immobileelements in plant.
- Urea is an example of straight
- Urea is also known as carbamide.
- First laboratory synthesis of urea by: Friedrich Wohler.
- CAN has neutral reaction effect on soil.
- By nature potassium chloride is neutral.
- EDTA is a synthetic chelating agent.
- DAP contains 18% N.
- Borax contains 10.5% boron.
- Only N containing fertilizers are urea and ammonium chloride.
Also read: Soil Science Multiple Choice Questions
One Liner 09
- Wheat and mustard are example of companion crops.
- Safflower is an example of guard crop for pea.
- Japanese mustard is an augmenting crop for berseem.
- Cotton – berseem is an example of relay cropping.
- Urd with maize is an example of parallel cropping.
- Mustard with sugarcane is an example of Multi-storeyed cropping.
- Sugarcane and potato are an example of synergistic cropping.
- Alley crops are also known as hedge row intercrops.
- Rabi crops are long day plant.
One Liner 10
- Test weight is the weight of 1000 seeds.
- Botanically, cereals are caryopsis.
- 2n of rice is 24.
- Panicle is the inflorescence of rice.
- The SRI method was developed in 1983 in Madagascar by Henri de Laulanie.
- Plant to plant distance in SRI is 25 cm.
- Ruralia commoda is the manual by Pietro de Crescenzi.
- Hulling percentage of rice is 70 – 75%.
- IR-8 is miracle rice.
- Aroma in rice is due to Di-acetyl 1 propaline.
- Khaira disease in rice is caused by the deficiency of Zinc.
One Liner 11
- Maize is known as the Queen of Cereals.
- Maize is a C4 plant.
- Zeamayssacchrata is sweet corn.
- Seed date of hybrid maize is 20 – 25 kg/ha.
- Nicotine content in Nicotiana rustica is 3.5 to 8%.
- Fire curing is done for bidi.
- Dough is the harvesting stage of oat.
- Time for adsali sugarcane is July – August.
- Retting is an important process in jute and linseed.
Also read: Perennial Season Fodder Crops
One Liner 12
- Lint % in seed cotton is 33.
- Regur soil is best for the cultivation of cotton.
- Safflower is grown for oil.
- Protein content of soybean is 40 – 42%.
- Groundnut is a modified fruit.
- Botanical name of blackgram is Phasiolus mungo.
- Pigeonpea has the lowest harvesting index among pulses.
- Kidney disorder is related with barley.
- Gluten is the wheat protein.
- Shelling percentage of wheat is 60%.
One Liner 13
- Contingency irrigation is life saving irrigation.
- Flooding is the oldest form of irrigation.
- Drip irrigation is originated form Israel.
- There is no irrigation required at field capacity.
- Drip irrigation method has the highest irrigation efficiency.
- The maximum water requirement of sugarcane is similar to rice.
One Liner 14
- Annual rainfall, dry farming: <750 mm.
- Cycocel and kaoline are antitranspirents.
- Increased production is the goal of intensification.
- Sustainable agriculture is based on ecosystem.
Agronomy One Liner
Last Updated: 05-08-2021