This page includes MCQ from horticulture, answer key explanation of SHDO Model Questions.
01: Flower crops (loose and cut) had the highest productivity during the 2020-21 season.
|Flower crops (loose and cut)||17.56|
02: Gaurella-Pendra-Marwahi leads in spices crop production.
|Bilaspur||0.046 ‘000 MT|
|Mungeli||0.052 ‘000 MT|
|Gaurella-Pendra-Marwahi||0.053 ‘000 MT|
03: Somatic embryogenesis is adopted in mango.
In somatic embryogenesis, somatic cells differentiate to a totipotent embryonic cell. It has the ability to give rise to an embryo under appropriate conditions.
04: Solanum torvum, Solanum viarum and Solanum violaceum are the wild species of brinjal or eggplant. S. torvum is a highly potential rootstock of brinjal. It shows resistance against the wilt disease of the solanaceous crops.
05: The daily requirement of carotene for an adult is 3000 I.U.
06: Barbados cherry is the richest source of Vitamin C.
07: Both Carica papaya and Vasconcellea cundinamarcensis contain papain.
Some important points about papain are as follows:
- It is also known as papaya proteinase I.
- Papain belongs to papain-like protease family.
- It is extracted from raw fruits.
08: About Arka Suprabhat
- Cross between: Amrapali(Dashehari x Neelam) x Arka Anmol (Alphonso x Janardhan Pasand).
- Size: Medium vigorous.
- Type: Regular and bunch bearing.
- Yield: High yielding (35-40 kg/plant after 4 years of planting)
- Fruit weight: Ranged from 240-250g.
- Fruit shape: Just like Alphonso.
- Pulp colour: Just like Amrapali.
- Pulp recovery: More than 70%.
- TSS: More than 22°B.
- Acidity: 0.12%.
- Carotenoids: 8.35mg/100g FW.
- Flavonoids: 9.91 mg/100g FW
- Shelf life: 8-10 days at room temperature.
09: Pitaya is known as dragon fruit. It is a fruit crop which belongs to cacti family. Dragon fruit is horticultural importance plant.
10: Water is the best medium for the propagation of snake plant by leaves.
11: Solanum nigrum is the best rootstock for getting disease free tomato.
12: Rhynchostylis gigantea is the state flower of Chhattisgarh.
13: The edible parts of chow-chow are as follows
14: The spacing for ivy gourd should be 3 m × 3 m.
15: About NHM
- Full form of NHM is National Horticulture Mission.
- NHM is sponsored by the Central Government.
- It was launched in 2005-06 under the 10th five-year plan.
- Central Government contributes 85% share.
- State government contributes 15% share.
16: Major institutes
Indian Institute of Horticultural Research(IIHR), Bangalore
Indian Institute of Vegetable Research(IIVR), Varanashi
Indian Institute of Spices Research(IISR), Calicut, Kerala
Central Institute of sub-tropical Horticulture(CISH), Lucknow
17: Advantages of a clonal orchard are as follows
- Uniform growth.
- Proper bearing habbit.
- Easy management.
18: Horticultural crops suitable for a nutrition garden
- Perennial vegetables.
- Fast growing fruits.
- Long duration vegetables like tapioca and elephant foot yam.
19: Brahma Kamal belongs to the family asteraceae.
20: Drying up of the juicy vesicles in fruit is known as citrus granulation.
Answer key: 21-25
21: According to the 2017 study of the ISE the average horticulture farmer household income grew to 78%. It was 0.73 lakh per annum to 1.30 lakh per annum from the introduction of NHM.
22: ADO or Agricultural Development Officer is not a post in the department of horticulture.
23: Palm-cola is a soft drink with 11% sugar.
24: The national average productivity of papaya is 75-100 tonnes per hectare.
25: Lal Bahadur Shastri Outstanding Young Scientist Award is given to talented young scientists from the following fields:
- Crop and Horticultural Sciences.
- Animal & Fisheries Sciences.
- Agricultural Engineering and Social Sciences.
- Natural Resources Management.