Poultry Farming Basic Principles
It is very necessary to know about the basic principles of poultry farming to become successful in poultry farming business. In this post we will know about the Poultry Farming Basic Principles. Read 36 Basic yrinciples of Poultry Farming.
36 Basic Principles of Poultry Farming
- Always purchase the vaccinated chicks.
- Try to purchase chicks from a government poultry farm.
- Vaccinate all the chicks of a private farm at the age of 6 – 8 weeks.
- Keep spotting the diseased birds.
- Immediately separate the infected birds.
Also read: Backyard poultry farming scheme
- Always disinfect the poultry house by using lime or calcium carbonate.
- Immediately strat the treatment of birds.
- Always keep the same breed of hen to avoid loss of lineage.
- Regularly do deworming.
- Regular deworming in the intervals of 30-40 days is necessary.
Also read: Poultry farming multiple choice questions
- Keep changing the deworming medicine.
- Do hatching practice from October to February.
- Use modern incubators for artificial hatching.
- Keep one rooster for 8 to 10 hens.
- Separate the rooster from the flock of in case of egg production.
- Do regular culling.
- Chicks born during February – March are good.
- Sitting eggs shouldn’t be old more than the 7 days.
- The broad-end of the egg should face upside during brooding.
- The broody hen should be healthy.
Also read: Best poultry farming book Hindi
- Always use an excellent broody hen.
- Spray lime powers on the surface of the door of poultry house to avoid contamination and infection.
- Always serve the hens with balanced food materials.
24. A poultry house requires 14 hours of light for the first 20 weeks. After 20 weeks, the light requirement is 16 hours.
- Per hen light requirement is 40 watt.
- Do proper light management.
- Dip the poultry feed in water before serving the hens during the summer season.
- Collect the eggs either during the morning, afternoon, or evening.
- Always keep all the feeders clean.
- Do regular inspection of your poultry house during the morning and evening.
Step 31 – 36
- Burn the dead hens.
- Make a separate room for diseased birds.
- Don’t keep a hen after 20 months. The egg production capacity of a hen has been reduced significantly by that age.
- Don’t change the poultry feed very fast. To change it, mix the new feed with 50% of old feed.
- Keep the temperature of a poultry house below 90°F.
- Paint the roof of poultry with white colour paint.