How to identify pure honey?
Honey is a pure and natural substance. It is highly nutritious and tasty. It is naturally prepared by honeybees.
Like milk, honey is also adulterated. In this way it is very important that it is properly identified before buying it. In this post, we will know about the identification method of honey.
Also read: Apiculture mcq objective questions
- Glass utensil or glass tube.
- Methylated spirit.
- Fire lamp.
- Methylated spirit test
- Water test
(2.1). Methylated spirit test
- Take a glass tube or utensil.
- Fill it with honey.
- The amount of both substances should be equal.
Result 01: If colour changes to milky white, then it is not pure.
Result 02: No Change in colour means it is pure.
(2.2). Water test
- Take water.
- Fill the utensil with water.
- Drop few drops of honey.
Result 01: If the drop reaches the bottom as it is, then it is pure.
Result 02: If the drop doesn’t reach the bottom as it is, then it is not pure.
(2.3). Candle test
- Take a candle.
- Make a small piece of round and long strip using a cloth (saying about diya salayi).
- Soak some honey into diya salayi.
- Place it (diya salayi) just over the burning candle.
Result 01: If it burns then it should be understood that honey is pure.
Result 02: If it doesn’t burn then it is not pure.
(2.4). Paper test
- Take any type of paper.
- Place few drops on the surface of paper.
Result 01: If the paper melts after some time then it is impure.
Result 02: If the paper doesn’t melt after some time then it is pure.
(2.5). Biological test
- Keep few drops on the soil surface.
- Let house fly to land and sit on it.
Result 01: If a house fly sits in it and can fly away easily, then it is pure.
Result 02: If the fly sit in it and can’t fly easily, then it is impure.