Varieties of Rose
There are more than 20,000 varieties of rose.
Introduction to Varieties of Rose
- Domestic rose varieties.
- Hybrid rose varieties.
Also read: Floriculture multiple choice questions
*Domestic rose varieties
- Some varieties of rose which are being grown since many years by the Indian rose grower.
*Method of propagation of domestic rose
- It is cutting.
- Flowering: Whole year.
- Colour: Red, white, pink etc.
- Fragrance: Highly fragrant.
Also read: Landscape gardening mcq
*Hybrid rose varieties
First time developed by European scientists.
- Hybrid Teas.
- Climbing Roses.
*Hybrid Tea Rose
- These are bush type rose.
- Plants and tall with spreading habit.
- One branch bears only one vigorous bloom.
- Example: Double delight, friendship etc.
- American heritage.
- Blue moon.
- First prize.
- Super star.
- Dr. B. P. Pal.
Also read: Protected cultivation mcq
- Flowers are smaller than the hybrid teas.
- More in numbers.
- Example: Arabian knights, first edition etc.
- Elizabeth of glamis.
- Bridal pink.
- Delhi princess.
- This category includes flowers which are smaller even than the floribundas.
- Bunch type polianthas are bigger than the floribundas.
- Example: Eco.
- Also known as baby rose.
- Leaves are small.
- Flowers are small.
- These are ideal for window and hanging gardening.
- Example: Mixy, lolipop et.
- Dark beauty.
- Delhi starlet.
- Branches of hybrid tea and floribanda grow just like climbers.
- These are an ideal show plant.
- Example: Casino, prosperity etc.
*Cut flower varieties
- Super star.
- Grand gala.
Also read: Lawn making
Cut flower is the type of flower which is harvested while the flower containing the following things:
- Sometimes other parts too.
Stand-category flowers are cut flowers.
Cutting is a method of propagation.
The other important methods of flower plant propagation are:
The hybrid tea rose are the cross between hybrid perpetual and tea.
A, standard rose variety, which is cut rose.
Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bangalore, Karnataka
The rose garden of IIHR contains more than the 600 varieties of rose.