Natural Resource Management Answer Key
Explanations: National resource management
01: NMR stands for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance.
02: Natural Resources Management
NRM or Natural Resources Management Studies on following subjects:
- Integrated nutrient management.
- Water management.
- Weed management in cereals, pulses, oilseeds, vegetables and spices crops.
- Bio-mass production.
- Use of bio-fertilizers.
- Recycling of crop plants, shrubs and tree residues.
- Utilisation of agricultural wastes.
- Biological and non-chemical methods of weed control.
03: Natural Resources Management is a major issue of ecosystem sustainability.
04: A natural resource is a source of any useful substance or thing which is afforded by nature to humans.
05: Both the fertile lands and minerals are available in this world with human intervention.
06: The use of non-renewable resources is subject to regulation rather than management.
07: Most of the exploitation of natural resources started with the Industrial Revolution. The 19th century is considered the era of the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, and it is from here that the need for management of natural resources was felt.
08: Artificial things are not considered natural resources.
09: Reserved forests in India with their location
- Hanumasagara reserved forest, Karnataka.
- Palani hills forest conservation area, Tamil Nadu.
- Behali reserved forest, Assam.
10: Examples of some renewable sources of energy are as follows
11: Examples of some non-renewable sources of energy are as follows
- Natural gas.
- Nuclear energy.
12: Full form of IINREM is Indian Institute of Natural Resources Management.
13: IINREM was founded in 1991.
14: IINREM focuses on rural and semi-urban communities.
15: The two major goals of IINREM are employment generation and sustainable livelihood development.
16: Slogan of IINREM is “Challenging Poverty, Building Resources”.
17: Members of boards of directors are Deepak Dasgupta and Vikram Singh.
18: ICAR NRM Institutes in India
- National Bureau of Soil Survey and Land Use Planning (NBSSLUP), Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Soil and Water Conservation (IISWC), Dehradun
- National Research Centre for Integrated Farming (NRCIF), Motihari
- Central Soil Salinity Research Institute(CSSRI), Karnal
- ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region, Patna
- Indian Institute of Water Management (IIWM), Bhubaneswar
- National Institute of Abiotic Stress Management (NIASM), Baramati
- Directorate of Weed Research (DWR), Jabalpur
- Central Coastal Agricultural Research Institute (CCARI), Goa
- ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Barapani
- National Organic Farming Research Institute (NOFRI), Tadong, Sikkim
- Central Agroforestry Research Institute (CAFRI), Jhansi
19: Headquarter of LNRMI is Hyderabad.
20: Categories of resources
- Potential resource: Petrolium
- Actual resource: Wood processing
- Reserves: Part of actual resource which is used in future.
- Stocks: Hydrogen vehicles. It is a subject of continue research works.
21: Air has rapid recovery rate. Air, wind, water, etc. are continuously available.
22: Sun is the ultimate source of energy.
23: WRF of the World Resource Forum promotes resource productivity. It was founded in 16 March 2012. Its headquarter is St.Gallen, Switzerland.
24: Natural Resource Management is a dynamic process.
25: The various approaches applied to natural resource management include:
- Adaptive management
- Command and control approach
- Community-based natural resource management
- Ecosystem management
- Precautionary approach
- Integrated natural resource management