Sustainable Agriculture One Liner
Sustainable agriculture one liner
01: Elements of sustainable agriculture are as follows:
- Mixed farming.
- Crop rotation.
- Multiple cropping.
02: Objectives of sustainable agriculture are as follows:
- Healthy environment
- Economic profitability.
- Social and economic equity.
03: Minimum tillage
- Origin: United States of America
- Minimum tillage is aimed at reducing tillage to the minimum.
- Seed germination is lower.
04: The renewable sources of energy are as follows:
- Wind power.
- Solar power.
- Water energy.
- Geothermal energy.
05: The non-renewable sources of energy are as follows:
06: The full form of CEA is controlled environment agriculture.
09: Because all are prohibited in organic farming.
10: In organic farming, soil and not the crop are fed.
11: Organic farming avoids the direct use of readily soluble chemicals such Muriate of potash. Basic slag is insoluble in water. It is not readily soluble chemical.
12: The three basic principles of organic agriculture are as follows:
- Ecologically sound.
- Economically feasible.
- Socially acceptable.
13: The best method of detoxification and disposal of non-metallic toxicants:
14: Examples of biorational pesticides asr as follows:
- Imidacloprid, thiamethoxam
- and acetamiprid against Whiteflies and aphids.
- Monophagous parasitoid: Parasierola nephantidis on Opisina arenosella (coconut black headed caterpillars).
- Oligophagous parasitoid: Related host species.
- Polyphagous parasitoid: Trichogramma Spp. on eggs of Lepidopteran species.
16: Malathion is considered safe for honey bees.
18: In river bed cultivation, farmers grow crops on a well fertile river soil.
19: Anhydrous ammonia is the most hazardous fertilizer.
20: Root zone application of phosphorus is very important.
22: The Four Rs are as follows:
- Right amount of nutrient.
- Right placement fertilizer.
- Right source of nutrient.
- Right timing of application of fertilizer.
23: Types of erosion
- Splash erosion: removal of soil particles due to rain drops.
- Rill erosion: chanalization begins.
- Ravines: The advanced stage of gully erosion.
24: Different measures
- Agronomical measures: land slope is <2%. Mechanical measures: land slope is >2%.
- Contour bunding: land slope is 6%.
- Bench terracing: land slope is 16-33%.
25: The efficiency of drip irrigation is as high as 90%.
26: Due to mixed farming, a farmer can bear the failure of one specific crop.
27: In relay cropping, second crop is taken just after the harvest of first crop. Example is paddy and lathyrus.
- Paddy crop is harvested.
- No ploughing is necessary.
- Available moisture is used for the second crop.