Harit Kranti Vistar Yojana (BGREI)
The scheme Harit Kranti Vistar Yojana is a part of RKVY.
(1). Objectives of BGREI
- Inclusion of necessary components to increase the yield and productivity of field crops, especially rice and wheat.
- Soil water conservation.
- Rain water conservation by water-harvesting. This includes construction of ponds, check dams and other methods.
- Use of improved agricultural machines in cultivation.
Also read: Why farmers deserve pension
(2). Eligiblity for The Scheme
Farmers from all categories are eligible for this scheme. But, the farmers from following categories are given priority..
- Small Farmer.
- Marginal Farmer.
- ST and SC Farmers.
- Female Farmers.
Also read: Narwa Garwa Ghurwa Bari
(3). Benefits of The Scheme
- Seed distribution. It is free of cost.
- Seed production programme.
- Bore well mining.
- Subsidy on new machines.
- Construction of check dams. Subsidy is 100% on government-lands.
- Small ponds. Subsidy is 100% on government-lands.
Also read: Indian farmers 2021
A farmer has to contact Rural Agricultural Extension Officer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01- What are the different sectors related with agriculture?
- Horticulture – Production/cultivation of fruit, vegetable and ornamental plants, and other activities.
- Veterinary – Livestock farming, management, marketing etc.
- Fisheries – Rearing and production of fish and other aquatic livings.
Question 02. What is SSR?
Answer: SSR or Seed Replacement Rate is a measure of cropped area covered with quality seeds. It is the way of farmer’s ‘double farm income’.
Question 03. Who are small farmers?
Answer: A farmer with 2.5 acre to 5 acres Agricultural land area is known as small farmer.
Question 04. Who are marginal farmers?
Answer: A farmer with Agricultural land area below 2.5 acre is known as marginal farmer.
Question 05. Who are big farmers?
Answer: A farmer with more than the 5 acres of agricultural land is known as big farmer.
Also read: Top 10 farming business ideas
For: What is Harit Kranti Vistar Yojana (BGREI)
- Ornamental Flower Plants for Home Garden
- Ranikhet Most Characteristics Symptoms
- Best Leminar Airflow and Autoclave
- Self Help Group (SHG) Registration Process
- IBPS AFO Online Mock Test Series