Wild Brinjal Seeds: Buy Online at Best Price
Policy and Disclaimer
You will buy this product to use for the following purposes:
- Rootstock in commercial grafting.
- Ornamental plant in home garden.
- As a vegetable plant.
Also buy: Perennial pigeon pea seeds
|Page||Buy wild brinjal seed at only Rs 270.00|
|Product||Jungli baingan Seed(जंगली बैंगन), Jungli Bhanta Bij (जंगली भांटा), Van Bhanta.|
(01). About wild brinjal: Seeds and price
|Botanical name||Solanum spp.|
Wild brinjal is a species of brinjal. It is a tuberiferous species. The species is found growing in barren lands, such as garbage lands, left fields by farmers, land covered by plant debris, land covered by weeds, etc. It is an important plant of the family solanace.
It is a strong perennial herb.
- Growth habbit: Strong and stiff stem. It is bushy, spiny, and perennial.
- Branching habbit: Profuse branching habbit.
- Flowering is extra-axillary.
- Flower borne in three patterns: solitary, cyme, and mixed.
- Solitary flowers and basel flowers of cyme are functionally fertile.
- Additional flowers of the cymes are sterile.
- Pollen of sterile flowers are functional, but pollination is difficult.
- Colour of flower is white.
Solitary, cluster, and mixed.
- Solitary fruiting habbit: Flowering is either solitary with functionally fertile flowers or a cluster of sterile additional flowers. Pollination is difficult.
- Cluster fruiting habbit: Most of the additional flowers of all cymes are fertile and set fruits.
- Mixed fruiting: Few additional fertile flowers set fruits.
Pigment production: No pigment production except chlorophyll contents.
Colour of fruit: Deep and light green. Streaks are present in unripe fruits.
Shape of fruit: The shape of fruit is round.
Nutritional composition of fruit (values are in 1kg/100g edible portion)
Different proximate composition of the fruits, such as sugar, protein and phenol contents widely vary with the genotypes (Patil et al., 1994).
Bitterness and discolouration in fruits increase with increasing percentage of total phenols (Chadha, 1990).
Also read: Pot Vegetable Farming
Uses are as follows:
It is a very good vegetable. Village people use it as a vegetable. Taste is different from the cultivated eggplants.
(Wild brinjal seeds: Buy at best price)
3.2: Rootstock: Wild Brinjal Seeds
- Brinjal and S. torvum belong to same family.
- We use it as a wild rootstock for cultivated brinjal and tomato plants.
(4). Benefits of using it as a rootstock are as follows:
4.1: Fruit production
Grafted portion will produce normal eggplant fruits. Healthy and strong rootstock will help in producing high quality fruits.
Rootstock is tolerant to wilt. It is also tolerant to blight. The degree of tolerance is higher than any other species of rootstock.
The best season for grafting: The best time for grafting is rainy season.
4.3: Perennial rootstock
Rootstock is perennial. Life span of a grafted plant is longer than a normal eggplant, or tomato plant.
4.4: Medicinal uses
Fruits are excellent remedy for liver troubles (Chauhan, 1981). It is a remedy of high blood pressure (Singh and Kalda, 2001). Piercing fruits with a needle and fried in sesame oil is a remedy for toothache.
Also read: Drumstick is a Highly Profitable Vegetable
(5). Cultivation practice
- Climatic requirement
- Soil requirement
- Preparation of soil
- Sowing and planting
- Preparation of seedbed
- Planting space for grafted plants
5.1: Climatic requirement
Solanum torvum is a day natural plant.
- It is a warm season crop.
- Warm season crop shows luxurious growth and fruiting.
- Very low temperature causes abnormal development of the ovary, and it is the main cause of the production of deformed fruits.
- Frost is harmful to plants.
- Optimum temperature for seed germination is 20-25°C (Singh and Kalda, 2001).
- The most favorable temperature for optimum growth and yield is 13-27°C (Chowdhury 1976, Mesiaen 1989, and Kalda 2001).
- High day and night temperature is not an ideal condition, and it can delay flowering.
5.2: Soil requirement
- Solanum torvum grows well on a wide variety of soils.
- It grows well in light sandy to heavy clay.
- Roots are sensitive to high moisture content and temperature of soil.
- Prefer light soil for early soil, and prefer clay loam for a prolonged cropping duration.
- The ideal soil pH ranges from 5.5 to 6.0.
- You can grow it in a soil with high pH level by using ample amount of organic manure.
5.3: Preparation of soil
Heavy preparation is not necessary.
5.4: Sowing and planting
Sowing depends on temperature, rainfall, and availability of irrigation. The best time for sowing seeds in northern India is June-July, and the best time for sowing seeds in eastern India is November, Feburary, March.
Seed rate: 10 g per hectare. The reason of very low seed rate is its overall size. Seed rate of 200 g per hectare is sufficient for grafting purpose.
5.5: Preparation of seedbed
Make a 3 meter long and 90 cm wide raised seedbed. The height of seedbed is 15-20 cm. Treat the seedbed with 0.2% bavistin. Don’t forget to treat the seed with captan or thiram. Cover the seedbed with polythene sheet to maintain required temperature bin seedbed. The seedlings become ready for transplanting after producing 3-4 true leaves. Ideal height of transplanting is 10-12 cm. Transplant it in poly bags.
Grafting: Start grafting after 1-1.5 months.
Also read: Side Grafting in Mango
5.6: Planting space for grafted plants
|Bangalore||75×50||Gupta et al. (1978)|
|Punjab||45×45||Singh et al. (1997)|
|Himachal Pradesh||45×45||Rastogi et al. (1979)|
|Jabalpur||75×50||Chadha et al. (1998)|
Manures and fertilizers
|State||FYM (t/ha)||N (kg/ha)||P (kg/ha)||K (kg/ha)|
Weeding is very important during initial stage of crop. Severe weed problem is harmful to newly planted graftage. 2-3 hand weeding, and chemical weeding is necessary. Mulching with black LDPE film of 25 micron thickness is very effective.
Frequent irrigation is required. Interval of irrigation is 15 days during the winter season, and the interval of irrigation is 4-6 days during the summer season.
Harvesting for vagetable: Harvest the fruits when it is still green, tender, and mature enough to eat. Gently twist the fruit stalk to harvest the berry. You can use secateurs to harvest it.
Wild Brinjal Seeds: Buy Online at Best Price
Subba et al (2021). Characterization of Solanum spp for Grafting and its Interpretation on Morphological, Production and Nutritional Quality of Fruit Under Polyhouse. October 2021. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 10(10):77-89. DOI:10.20546/ijcmas.2021.1010.011